Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Facts About Me

1. My favorite TV show of all time is Futurama.

2. The longest I've ever held a single job is two years and two months.

3. I have moved 33 times since I was born in 1980.

4. I have lived in seven states and two countries.

5. I have been homeless three times.

6. When I was volunteering for Amnesty International, I wrote a letter to then-governor George W. Bush pushing for a new trial for a mentally ill woman who had murdered her husband and was facing execution in Texas. He wrote me a personal letter back addressing my concerns and explaining his reasons for supporting the execution and not granting her a stay. This letter was unfortunately destroyed during a subsequent move. I regret not hanging onto it.

7. I have eaten cake decorations as a meal.

8. I have been in love more than once.

9. I hate to cook but I make amazing pork chops.

10. I still really want a chemistry set.

11. I've broken each of my toes at least once, and some several times more than once.

12. I take eight pills of various kinds per day, on a good day.

13. I can't count the number of times I've been stung by bees.

14. I've almost been fired from more than one job for swearing.

15. My secret dream is to be a Medical Examiner, determining how people died and contributing to solving homicides.

16. More often than not I am confused about "left" and "right."

17. I can count to ten in Spanish, French, German, and Italian. I used to know Japanese as well, but I've forgotten everything past 4.

18. I collect religious icons but don't go to church.

19. I just found an entire jar of peanut butter in my room.

20. I also collect costume jewelry but I hardly ever wear it.

21. I have bitten my fingernails since birth. I recently broke my front tooth on a fingernail.

22. I have the hiccups every single day, at least once, and have for my entire life.

23. I can fix pretty much anything that's wrong with a toilet, unless it requires getting into the wall plumbing. Even then, I've just never tried it.

24. I love to travel but I am so averse to insects and spiders that I am too afraid to leave the Northern Hemisphere.

25. I almost exclusively read non-fiction these days, up to and including reading encyclopedias from A-Z.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home