Sunday, March 09, 2008

Everyone Under 23 Can Go Right To Hell

Current Song: "Creep" -- Radiohead

On further reflection with some people MY AGE, I've decided that the excuse that I've been given for why I was ostracized (which, to clarify, was that I fooled around with some kid at a birthday party and then I was "too public" about it) is so ridiculously Puritanical and sad that I'm not only not sorry, I'm glad it came up so I can tell exactly how little those kids and I have in common. I will not be made to feel bad about any choice I have consciously made, especially a choice which didn't hurt anybody, just offended their delicate 22 year old senses. Lila especially pointed out how immature it is that I made what they considered a faux pas four months ago and I'm permanently banned from the house for that. And I wasn't informed. Probably the most pertinent thing to come out of this is the absolute certainty that I feel that at this age and this point in my life, this is not a situation that I should EVER have to confront. I should have been done with this when I was 22.

Also, this was a good screening tool for the people I actually should care about. Those kids thought I was "too public"; my actual friends were excited that I took a positive step toward crawling out of the social anxiety hole I had been buried in for six years. I will never, never be sorry for this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home