Saturday, February 02, 2008

Looked Right Through Me

Current Song: "Mad World" -- Gary Jules

Barack Obama is magical. So magical that when I heard him speak today, I found myself WANTING to discard my cynical realism and start recapturing hope that this country and this world can be a better place in which to live. I'm voting Obama on Tuesday, I hope you are too.

On a more mundane note, Rodrigo got in trouble because I was shrieking at the Gophers in the last five minutes of an intensely exciting game with UND, and he told me I sounded crazy. The way I see it, love me during hockey season or don't love me at all. I am enthusiastic about my team, I don't need to get mocked for that.

On an even more mundane note, I requested that everyone have their rent in by Friday, which was the 1st and the day that it is technically due. I requested this by posting a note on the front door that said "Have your rent in by Friday (seriously)." Everyone turned theirs in but Susan. At that point I had an old-fashioned hissy fit. I wrote her a series of four notes which I posted around the original note, saying things like "What the hell," "This note was very clear," "Now it is SATURDAY," "Where is your rent?" Absolutely against all odds, she turned her rent in to me today. I was shocked. I am so sick of fighting her every day for the rent and being on the edge of my seat about whether she is going to get it on time or not. I guess the crackdown is working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home