Thursday, January 24, 2008

Deep Inside Their Sunken Faces And Their Wild Rolling Eyes

Current Song: "Return To Oz" -- Scissor Sisters

Somebody allegedly from the Obama campaign called me tonight to ask who I would be supporting, and I half-lied and said Obama just to get him off the phone. I'm actually supporting whichever Democrat makes it through the primaries, although I will be disappointed if it's John Edwards, just because I'd like to see a woman or a minority in office. It's a changing America, you know.

I went back to the gym today for the first time in more than a month. I spent some time with the stationary bikes until I accidentally hit "reset" and then got frustrated, gave up, and moved to the elliptical. The problem was, sometime towards the end of my time on the elliptical, my heart started feeling funny, which with me is usually terrible, terrible news. For the rest of the day I was lightheaded and suffering intermittent chest pains, and I was half-concerned that tomorrow's headlines would read "U Student Dead At 27 From Heart Attack." The saddest part is that I'm not that out of shape, I just have a bum ticker. And I did not consult a doctor before beginning my exercise routine. I'm not really going to stop going to the gym, though, because I'm a risk taker, I guess. Anyway, if this is the last message of mine you ever read, you should know that I'm going out loving you even though you're an asshole a lot of the time. Take care of yourselves, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home