Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'd Like You To Cite Your Sources On That

Current Song: "I Want To Come Over" -- Melissa Etheridge

I went out drinking with Chad and Dan, now I'm tipsy and full of Qdoba burrito.

If I have to keep going to my public speaking class I'm going to lose it. Today we had to name public figures that were ethical/unethical, and this happened (this is not an exaggeration):

Some Incoming Freshman Hockey Player: "I got one for the unethical list...Jim Crow."
Some Other Incoming Freshman Hockey Player: "Uh, was he the guy with all the laws?"
First Guy: "Yeah."
Second Guy: "Oh, OK."

Minutes later one of them announced that Marilyn Manson was the guy who played Paul in the Wonder Years, which the other one and some girl wholeheartedly agreed with. First Guy also insisted that Kim Jong-Il wears high heels and dresses (I mean really insisted, not like he was making fun of him but like he was repeating a fact.) Also, the Second Guy asked me who Florence Nightingale was and I was too disheartened to explain.

Most Interesting Thing I Heard Today (Besides The "Jim Crow" Exchange):

"Hey, what about that doctor...uh, Dr. Cook? Dr. Korn? Dr. Kerry?"
"Yeah, I think it's Dr. Kerry?"
"It's Dr...Kevor? Kevlar? Keverson?"
"Oh my God, do you mean Dr. Kevorkian?" (that was me)
"Yeah...he just got out of jail, right? He killed like 200 people."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Danish friend relayed this comment made to him by some girl: "So, Iceland, that's like, Eastern Europe, right?"

People who get in to college are awesome.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home