Monday, June 11, 2007

Subliminal, Liminal, and Superliminal

Current Song: "Yvan Eht Nioj" -- The Party Posse

My corneas have felt scratchy and irritated since I woke up Sunday morning on Robby's futon with my contacts still in. This was a bad plan.

I have to leave for my first day of public speaking class in ten minutes and I'm dead scared.

It was an eventful weekend but nothing bad, just active. On a tangentially related topic, I have gotten a pair of frames with non-prescription lenses that I am thinking about converting into real glasses, but I'm collecting opinions on how I look in them. They are grey and square and very hipsterish, which I think I can pull off because I am also grey and square and hipsterish. The problem is, I've asked three people and I've gotten one enthusiastic yes, one diplomatic no, and one yes that became a qualified yes when she noted that the glasses drew attention to the fact that my eyebrows are just straight lines. And now all I can think about is how I have the eyebrows of Bert from Sesame Street.

Here's something for you:

Q. Why don't dinosaurs talk?

A. Because they're all dead.

Thank you, Brian Regan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home