Friday, March 09, 2007

It's Just An Eye--God Saw Fit To Grant Me A Spare

Last night I went to the midnight opening of 300 at Southdale with the Brothers Cecil. For a movie entirely about killing people in slow motion, it was pretty good. Visually it is like nothing I've ever seen, but in a positive way. On the other hand, the plot is thin and the rather effeminate casting on Xerxes made everyone feel a little uncomfortable. But if you're looking for uncomfortable, 300 is your movie.

An unfortunate side effect of being out until 2:30 AM and then getting up at 8:30 AM is that I am so, so tired. When my alarm went off this morning I couldn't remember why I would have set it, and then when it occurred to me that I had to get up to go to work, I was too tired to move my arms and legs and it took me nearly 15 minutes to summon up the willpower to roll out of bed. I can usually take a six-hour night with style and grace, but I haven't been sleeping well lately and I'm building up a cache of hours of sleep that I've missed.

When I got back to my building at 2:30 I got in the elevator with three guys who had also just come from seeing 300. I was definitely wearing a Borat t-shirt (it was free, you know...I have two. I'm so ashamed.) Right when I got on one guy said "B-B-B-Borat?" And I said, "Uh, yeah, I guess so." And he said, "I hate those filthy Jews." And then everyone in the elevator sort of froze. That guy sucks.

I've got "Survivalism" stuck in my head. Year Zero listening party at the Varsity on Tuesday and I'm clearly going. I'm in too deep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home