Saturday, March 10, 2007

Everything Is One Hair From Being Askew

Usually I'm not bothered by not having a car, but tonight's festivities are dragging me all over town by bus and that is aggravating. I have to meet some people at Nye's, but we're probably not staying there because nobody I know knows how to make timely reservations. And I don't think I'll fit in the car from there to wherever we end up. After that, I'm trekking out to Pi, the new lesbian bar out in the Seward neighborhood (the name is saucy, you see.) Then it's a matter of getting home while the buses are still running, which on a Saturday night is always a gamble. And people wonder why sometimes we just want to stay home and rent a movie.

I'm extremely tempted not to get dressed up for this and go in ripped jeans and a black t-shirt, which is what I wore to class today. I also opted to skip the snow boots and consequently I pinwheeled my arms all the way down the sidewalk in a desperate attempt not to fall face first into the dirty slushy ice. This morning was a frozen wasteland. I hope it's better tonight.

I can't stop listening to Cold War Kids or Modest Mouse. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think it speaks to where I am in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home