Monday, February 12, 2007

His Name Is Dr. Rockso. He's A Rock N Roll Clown.

Yet another doctor's appointment today at 1:25. I can't afford this one, either, as I clearly don't have my health insurance problems sorted out.

Yesterday Susan carved a swan out of an apple on a whim and it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. Then later, Charlie stole somebody's vacuum that was in the hallway and desperately tried to vacuum the living room before they came back. Unfortunately the vacuum was broken, which is probably why it was in the hallway to begin with.

We saw The Departed at Coffman on Friday and it was just as good the second time. The audience was really into it which is sometimes alright, sometimes not. I hate it when people clap at the end of movies. It devalues the institution of applause so that you have to clap that much harder for a live act that truly deserves it. I think this is why Americans give everything they see in person a standing ovation. I have this on pretty good authority from actor Rufus Sewell, who I tried stalking in London and who I overheard making this observation: "You can always tell the Americans in the audience. They're the only ones standing up at the end."

Lately I've been really wanting to drop out of school and be a fat housewife. It seems ideal: no deadlines, someone else to do the worrying, and I get to eat all I want.

Anyway, this is pretty much what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks:


1 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

i've always hated the incessant applause too because it is not as if the director is there to accept the recognition. there's a good joke about that, but i can't remember, so nevermind.

have a good valentine's day, keli. hopefully it will be spent doing fantastical things that are not sitting in a shitty computer room in london on a saturday night.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home