Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The War Came Hard

Current Song: "When The War Came" -- The Decemberists

I went to the doctor to bitch about the horrible life-ending pain that is radiating from just below my right ear, where the base of my skull meets my neck, right into my soul. Unfortunately, doctors are jerkasses (in my experience), so she suggested I get physical therapy, as though I have time for that. And she gave me muscle relaxants which don't really help but do make me very sleepy. And I forgot them at home so all day it's felt quite a bit like my head was resting on a javelin that is piercing my neck. Try counseling people when that's happening, if you love a challenge.

I need to go to the ATM so I can take my kitty to the kitty doctor, because something's wrong with him and nobody needs that.

On the plus side, even in horrible pain with no end in sight, I love my job. Today one of my clients was like "This job must be very rewarding" and I was like "My God, you have no idea." I like fixing things in people's lives so that they are willing to go on living.

I'm hungry but once again, too tired to cook. I need to schedule a physical to take care of the whole fatigue problem but I have to find a new doctor's office for that and that task is overwhelming.

And I had to reschedule another doctor's appointment AGAIN because turns out I have clients that day. I can't wait until September, when I have time in the mornings to get shit done so that I don't have to keep missing work.

Realistically, I can leave now and probably will. I need to lay down with an ice pack anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home