Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Hips Don't Lie

Current Song: "Stumble Then Rise On Some Awkward Morning" -- A Silver Mt. Zion

Ok, my petty bitching about pain has turned into something of a pain management emergency. I was walking to my second bus stop downtown today when I noticed that walking seemed to relieve something of the pain in my hip. I am wearing relatively comfortable shoes, and the weather was not unbearable, so I walked the mile from my bus stop to my office. During this time the stiffness in my hip receded, which was quite nice. However, once I got to work and sat down, a white-hot bolt of pain has inserted itself vertically into my left hip, circling around from my lower back and shooting bolts of electricity down my left leg to the knee, where it settles in a burning fiery band around the bottom of my thigh. Just a few minutes ago I got up to visit the ladies' room and realized that most of the left side of my body is inflexible and sore.

Being that I can't leave work over mysterious pain that has been haunting me since about 2001 but never seems to be diagnosed as anything specific, I sorted through my purse and pulled out all of my prescription bottles. I had one (1) tablet of cyclobenzaprine, thank god. I took it with three (3) tabs of ibuprofen, and a propranolol just for kicks. On top of the allergy pill, Wellbutrin, Ativan and four (4) tabs of Tylenol I took when I got up this morning. And the Prozac I took last night. So, everyone, be aware that I might not be myself today but rest assured that it is an actual emergency.

I am tired of this bullshit. I need a telepathic doctor who can jump into one day of the physical pain I constantly have to deal with, so that they can start taking this shit seriously and doing something about it. At the very least I need a doctor who has some natural curiosity and the capacity to investigate what it is so that maybe I don't end up taking all the pills or sitting in my office crying over how much my leg hurts. Seems like all the doctors I see just want to pass it off to someone else or write it off as nothing important. I've been through so many tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, blood draws, you'd think they'd know everything there is to know now, but here I sit, in crippling, jaw-clenching, fiery pain, and - yep, there's no one here to do anything about it.

Forgive me for my nihilism, but fuck the world and everything in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home