Monday, August 18, 2008

Now That It's All Gone So Horribly Well

Current Song: "Mapped By What Surrounded Them" -- The Twilight Sad

I got to leave work at 2 PM today for a round of appointments/eyebrow waxing. I was so happy. I didn't have any in-person appointments today, either, and it was great. Relaxing, finally.

Meredith and I made horrible life choices at Target that may have resulted in another disturbing round of buying all the clothes without trying anything on.

In a moment of ambition today I picked up all the garbage from my room and surprisingly found both copies of our lease, which we need to switch the utilities over because we're massive failures at everything and haven't done so even though we've officially lived here since June. Yep, you heard me.

My feet smell.

Speaking of things I'm irritatingly self-conscious about, I am making this confession in hopes that I can grow up and move on: I am utterly incapable of admitting to my aesthetician that I need my upper lip waxed. Literally every appointment, I make the appointment for an eyebrow wax and then I ask them to throw in the lip while I'm not looking them in the eye. I don't know why I'm filled with such shame about this: virtually every woman in America has some hair taken off her face. It's the thing to do these days, and it's better than walking around with a mustache and hoping nobody can see it even though you can. Anyway, I hope you can relate to this horribly cringe-inducing self-indulgent confession.

(Also, I ate at Chipotle directly after getting my lip waxed and I got jalapeno or something on my raw skin and half my upper lip swelled and now it hurts like hell but at least the swelling is going down. This did little to diminish how much I enjoyed that burrito.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home