Sunday, August 10, 2008

Every Yard A Kingdom, Every Child & Dog A Serf

Current Song: A Wolf Parade song that I can't remember the name of and is listed as Track 13 on my player.

I have retreated from the world and into my bedroom as of 12:30 PM on Saturday, August 9 2008. Really bad hangovers will do that to you. On the plus side, Friday night was ludicrously fun. Too bad I don't have the energy to recount it here, but rest assured that it involved me walking 4 miles towards my home at high noon because I knew if I got on a bus I would throw up all over it. It also involved me vomiting in the bushes outside Planned Parenthood, because that's just how classy I am.

Anyway, I wish I wasn't so damn taken down by fatigue and/or pure exhaustion all the time so I could think about enjoying a weekend or two. Pretty much what I do in my off-time is lie down and drift in and out of consciousness. Frankly, it's not healthy, but neither is anything else I do at any given time.

Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes died this weekend and I don't care for that at all.

I have pretty bad heartburn and it's probably from drinking about a half gallon of milk in the last two days. I always crave dairy when I've woken up from drinking too much; I assume it has something to do with alcohol leaching calcium from my system.

I have been reading "Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley and "High Weirdness By Mail" by the Reverend Ivan Stang (founder of the Church of the Sub-Genius) all weekend. It's an interesting mix that simultaneously fills me with compassion and horror for all humanity.

I'm pretty happy with my job, but my social life could use a little engine-revving. Probably if I wasn't sleeping so much I'd be better off. If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home