Thursday, August 21, 2008

The First One's Mine, The Second One I Lie About

Current Song: "Marry Me" -- St. Vincent

I skipped work today to sleep in and read and hang out with cats and it was GLORIOUS. That was my birthday present to me.

I'm getting more and more in a bad place over having to teach this 2-hour bankruptcy class at work. To the point that I've started looking for new jobs. My supervisor said she'd check to see if I could get out of it based on crippling fear but she kind of sucks as a supervisor and she hasn't gotten back to me. Meanwhile it's eating me alive. Maybe if I straight-up tell them I'll have to quit if they persist, they'll leave me alone.

I love my job but I kind of want to quit anyway because it's just too much public contact and, let's fact it, that doesn't speak to my strengths.

My cat is curled up on my desk next to my monitor. It's pretty damn cute. He has a really fat face and it's all scrunched up on his paws.

I'm afraid I'm cracking under the pressure of having to talk to people all the time. I very desperately want to go back to a job where I talk to, at most, two people in a day. In a back office with music going and access to the internet. And little to no supervision. I miss my student job.

I guess this is just a note to say that we all recognize that I'm the problem here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home