Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So I Can't Stop Right Now

Current Song: "New Born" -- Muse (Paul Oakenfeld Mix)

I should listen to more Paul Oakenfeld mixes. I'm only barely skimming the edges of the whole house/trance scene, but I likes what I hears.

I am going on my first big-girl business trip tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I'm only going to Duluth, but I hope it's the kind of thing that opens doors. I'm hoping for big conferences I can attend across the country/world (but more likely country, as this is a pretty US-specific job.)

I've made conscious efforts in my life to be more friendly and less abjectly terrifying, but it doesn't seem to hold. Sorry, everyone. Sorry that the peculiar mix of experiences and perceptions that have congealed into my life occasionally give me over to outbursts about burning out your eyes with a cigarette. It's only when I feel threatened, really, but those times tend to be unpredictable and it's easy to blithely walk into them.

Remember when we were younger and we agreed that I would be an extremely effective cult leader? That's not a set of skills that necessarily translates to getting along in polite society.

In other news, my squeaky little black kitty and I have decided to be friends, which makes me feel good about myself, since she doesn't much care for anyone.

Oh God, I have to drive up to Duluth with five of my coworkers tomorrow and I can see choosing music to listen to turning into an Issue. Remember when I threatened to kill Skippy because he wouldn't turn off the oldies station? That was also on a drive to Duluth. This is going to end in tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home