Sunday, June 29, 2008

It Was Wrong But You Said It Was Right

Current Song: "Wreck Of The Edmond Fitzgerald" -- Gordon Lightfoot

Remember how Navy Dan had the worst taste in music of anyone I ever encountered, including people I know who are obsessed with country? He was a huge Gordon Lightfoot fan. I don't know why I just remembered that.

Some teenager got his head torn off by a Six Flags roller coaster in Georgia. He was on a church trip and scaled two fences into a restricted area in an apparent effort to retrieve his hat. So the first thing I thought when reading this story was "So first he lost his hat and then he lost his head?" Because I am a terrible person.

Also, worst roller coaster ride ever.

I randomly told everyone in the van the story of how I almost died in Lake Superior when we were crossing it. Sometimes I think I have no censorship mechanism at all. Why would they care?

I took my last Vicodin today partly to get rid of my horrendous cramps and partly because I'm not really above recreational use of opiates. Then I was filled with love for everyone but I continued sitting in my room wearing my gym pants and reading Best of Craigslist. On the plus side, my spine started feeling better. There's a lot to like about my life but the chronic poor health and history of injury does not make the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home