Monday, May 19, 2008

Make Sure You Keep Your Bunkbeds Made

Current Song: "Black Swan" -- Thom Yorke

I started my real job today. The good news is that I'm in training from now until at least the end of June. The really good news is the unprecedented awesomeness of this job. There is someone on the payroll whose job it is to schedule appointments for clients to see me, and someone else on the payroll whose job it is to check them in. It makes me feel like such a tremendous badass to know that there are two people to go through before you get to me. They hired five new counselors, and I'm the only one coming straight out of college with no experience, which scares the hell out of me but makes me feel invincible at the same time. I've been chronically underemployed my entire life and I'm scared to work at a job that's actually a challenge, but here we are. Thanks, college!

On the downside, training takes me more than an hour to get to by bus, so I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning. This does not make for a happy Keli, especially since I have to do eight hours of classroom training on getting up at 5:30 and having no caffeine all day. You try it and tell me how it works out for you. For me, I fell asleep several times during training today, so I hope I didn't miss anything important. It was the kind of falling asleep where you don't realize you've done it until you wake up again. The worst kind. It happened on the bus this morning too but thank God I woke up in time to get off.

I have to try to remember to bring a lunch tomorrow. Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home