Sunday, April 06, 2008

Just Can't Seem To Get It Right Today

Current Song: "New Born" -- Muse

I thought this song was pretty mediocre until I heard it live and then, wow. Wow.

I ran out of sleeping pills a few days ago and my ability to sleep has entirely disappeared. I've been taking handfuls of Ativan to knock myself out for a couple hours just to pretend I'm getting some sort of rest, but really, I haven't slept in days and days. All the bed rest I've been getting doesn't help.

My dad is in town and he's going to try to make it to Bar Trivia on Wednesday with me and the kids. I can see this being the biggest disaster ever in a way that makes me keep my fingers crossed that it will happen. It's like seeing the big picture, like knowing that if you throw a pebble in a pond it will result in caving in a mountain. I can't NOT do it. On the other hand, it could be horribly, horribly awkward. That would be awesome too.

I wish it was tomorrow, I'm bored with tonight. Yesterday was the date of the biggest current stressor in my life, and now that I'm past it I don't know what to do with myself. Except look for apartments and giggle to myself about how awesome life is going to be from June onward.

Now that I have something to look forward to it's a little bit harder to care about anything else. Which is nice, for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home