Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And It's Pulling Me Back To You, Lord

Current Song: "My Heart Is An Apple" -- Arcade Fire

Okay, kids. I got a real job this morning. Like a career-type job. I have been hired as a Consumer Credit Counselor for Lutheran Social Services of MN. This means that I serve as a counselor for people who are in a financial crisis, help them identify their financial goals, give them options for meeting those goals, and direct them to community resources for any other help they might need. I will also be getting my accreditation as an Accredited Financial Counselor, so I can put letters behind my last name.

The job pays more than I had any right to dream for my first job out of college in a low-paying career field, and includes:

*Low-cost medical and dental insurance (this is the answer to a lot of my problems)
*Retirement plan
*Life and disability insurance
*Social Security
*10 paid holidays per year (I didn't even know there were 10 holidays in a year!)
*Two weeks paid vacation per year
*Flexible scheduling

And the guy that hired me is also a bus rider and specifically respects me for being the same, so I got my choice of locations to work at and I'm going to the one that is not more than an hour's commute every morning and evening.

In other words, holy shit, I'm all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home