Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Time Won't Work It Out For You

Current Song: "Lead To Gold In The Hour Of Chaos" -- The Dead Science

There is a lot of good old-fashioned jug band work in this otherwise eerie song. I love The Dead Science.

My only goal for today was to go to the bagel shop a block over and buy some bagels and cream cheese. However, with Susan in the common spaces and the fact that I am bloated and gross, I'm not terribly motivated to leave my room, much less get some food. I desperately needed a vacation, it's true, but with so much unstructured time I'm finding it harder and harder to remain a functional human being and not give in to my barely restrained insane impulses, like talking to myself and not showering. This does not bode well for my plan to move into my own place soon, given that the last time I lived alone I went completely round the bend. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind not living with the people I've got these days anymore. Some of them are hateful and some of them are just remarkably ungrateful. It's like the Dr. Seuss Book of Sorrows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home