Monday, July 09, 2007

Then The War Came

Current Song: "Man In A Box" -- Alice In Chains

First of all, I just watched Keith Olbermann's comments on Bush's pardon of Scooter Libby, in which he vehemently calls for Bush's resignation. It is intense and you should look it up on YouTube regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum.

Second of all, I just got back from a mini-vacation in Duluth. It was pretty fun, a blast in some aspects, disappointing in others. Hannah was a day late which made me sad, and we somehow missed puzzle time, which is bush league. Also, our car broke down in downtown Duluth on our way to the beach on Saturday, so I missed my chance to re-enact last summer by getting swept away in the riptide and having to be rescued screaming and exhaling water. On the other hand, our friend Amy generously drove us back to the Cities because the car was still in the shop, which was fun. And there was great food to be had, and plenty of girl time. So all in all, it was nice to get away.

I got a B- in my horrible public speaking class, so I never have to take it again. My instructor said it killed her to have to give me the B-, as I was on track for an A, but I skipped that last speech. That's panic for you. My mom's doctor put her on Zoloft when she hit menopause, because she went completely insane, and she thinks I should start taking it too. She has crippling social anxiety as well and she said it's been really helpful. I'm adding it to the list of things I desperately need to see a physician about. Also, I aced the final in public speaking and I was notified that I was the first one to do so in about 10 years. Which is more reinforcement for not buying or reading the textbooks.

Charlie is shipping off to boot camp on Wednesday. I've said my piece about this but I can still be sad about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home