Thursday, October 11, 2007

Do You Think The Second Movement Has Too Many Violins?

Current Song: "Up On Your Leopard, Upon The End Of Your Feral Days" -- Sunset Rubdown

Actually, since this is a burned CD with no track titles, I can only guess what song is really on. That's the only title I can remember from Random Spirit Lover, which is unbelievably great in every possible shining way.

Because I'm the kind of girl who is fiscally responsible for fun, I treated myself to a free credit report today (a genuinely free credit report, not that freecreditreport.com crap. Freecreditreport.com is a scam, don't be taken in by it.) It was full of what would, in other hands, be horrible news. Which is to say, my student loan debt is sitting well and true at $79,916. Before interest. This is good news for me, as self-doubt and estimation had led me to believe that my debt had exceeded $100,000. Next to that money pit, $79,916 doesn't sound so bad, does it? In celebration I wrote a check to pay off my Perkins loan from Hamline (which balance has been at $202 for the past four years or so.) Between that and paying off my credit card, I feel like I really accomplished something this week.

All I want to do is sleep. I wish I hadn't taken Human Anatomy, especially since I'm second guessing myself on this whole graduate school thing. Oh, on a related note, I DID have a test in there last Thursday, and I DID fail it. I'm thinking of taking my no-questions-asked drop on this class. But then, I say that every semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home