Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Where Are We Going? Why Are We In This Handbasket?

Current Song: "Perfect Crime #2" -- The Decemberists (the crap they were playing on the Current was ATROCIOUS and this was what was in the CD drive so it's what I went with. Again.)

I have a whole pile of forms that I was supposed to make copies of and mail out to our students - the pile stretches back to April 16, mind you - and forces are continuously aligning to prevent me from doing so. Every time I go in the copy room, the machine is broken or we're out of paper or the phone rings just as I am leaving and it's some crisis I have to deal with for the rest of the day. This is annoying to me but it must be a real pain in the ass for the people who are waiting on their forms.

If any of you want to march in the Gay Pride Parade on June 24th with me, you should let me know before Tuesday the 12th. If all goes as planned, I'll be helping hold the enormous rainbow flag that people throw spare change into to donate to the MN AIDS Project. It promises to be ridicously campy, if nothing else.

None of the tasks I have to do at work sound enjoyable right now, and I have nearly three more hours left. I could duck out and go to lunch, I guess, but that doesn't sound that great either.

Oh, and if I haven't talked to you about it: My sculpture class got cancelled at the last minute due to low enrollment. Actually, it got cancelled about two hours AFTER I had signed a promissory note for an $8000 loan to pay for it and my other class. So, faced with the option of waiting for the check and then sending back half the money, or just having an extra $5000 or so after I pay my tuition, I've pretty much decided to keep the $5000. I would have to pay it back anyway if I were taking the class. At this point I owe somewhere over $60,000 (possibly much, much more) and $5000 is just another drop of rain in the ocean.

Most Interesting Thing I've Discovered Today: I spent the morning tracking down physicians for whom we had incorrect mailing addresses, and I discovered that one of them retired from his practice to become a full-time yoga instructor. Right on, brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home