Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Fake Jamaican Took Every Last Dime With That Scam

I've been crashing and burning pretty spectacularly lately. I'm sure you've noticed. Last night I remembered that, early on in our acquaintance, Robby made me a DVD with close to a thousand songs on it, including all of the Modest Mouse albums through Good News for People Who Love Bad News. This rediscovery gave me a lot of reasons not to throw myself out a window, so right now I am listening to "It Always Rains on a Picnic" from Sad Sappy Sucker and remembering that it's not always this bad.

I have to leave for St. Paul early to print out the papers I wrote last night that are due this afternoon, as I keep forgetting that my printer is out of ink. Not helpful.

We're due in for another snowstorm, kids. We're all gonna die here. Be prepared.

I'm waffling on asking someone out. Dating is hard. I pretty much intend to play this the high school way and get a mutual friend to do some field polling before I throw my hat in the ring. Is that too immature?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my experience, acting like a socially inept high-schooler forces you to explain why you've acted that way when you're actually not only a semi-abysmally awkward person ([sigh] "I like you. It makes me act like an idiot.") and breaks down enough barriers to skip a few awkward steps in the first dating phases.

What I'm saying is, you should have Mutual Friend talk to Potential Date on AIM while you're also talking to Mutal Friend on AIM so you can get a play-by-play and find Mutal Friend questions. Then pretend you don't know So Much Information the next time you talk to Potential Date in person.

I need do my homework now.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Postscript: My first paragraph was grammatically horrifying.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home