Thursday, August 30, 2007

What Useless Tools Ourselves

Current Song: "We Used To Vacation" -- Cold War Kids

I am finally home and I think I have stopped rolling off the rails on my own personal crazy train. I had a spectacular time in both of America's Washingtons. My parent's island home on rural Camano Island in the Puget Sound -- words fail to describe it. I hadn't realized how much I missed the mountains in my landscape. As we were driving to the airport at 5:30 yesterday morning, the sun was rising pink and yellow over the jagged Cascade Mountains, and fog clung to the fields on either side of the road. It was breathtaking.

Robby and Rodrigo moved in and we're trying to make ourselves a little family and it makes me happy. I realized recently and with desperation that I can't have another domestic situation fall apart on me. I just can't.

For the first time in a long time, I am excited for a semester to start. Although the department seems a little less interesting since they found Dr. Caron's body earlier this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home