Monday, August 20, 2007

It's My Birthday and La La If La La La

Current Song: "Education" -- Modest Mouse

Perhaps that last one bears a little explaining.

I left for Washington DC very early Thursday morning. It was the most fun thing ever. I saw all the patriotism. Also I whipped donuts on a Segway in front of the White House at about 9 PM on Thursday. Take that, white America!

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

The point is, walking around DC for four days with shoes that offer very little in the way of support (and the fact that my hotel was 1.2 miles from the nearest Metro station, so I had to walk it at least twice a day) gave me wicked bad shin splints and swollen ankles and etc. Also I shredded the toes of those shoes when I fell off the Segway on Capitol Hill but that has no real bearing here.

So my plane from Dulles to Charlotte, NC was delayed just long enough that when I got to Charlotte I had to run on my splintered little legs halfway across the airport to make my connecting flight, which was all the more insulting when we sat in that plane on the runway in Charlotte for more than an hour. Consequently, although my flight was supposed to get in to Minneapolis at 11:30 last night, it actually got in well after 12:30 and I didn't get out of the airport until after 1 AM. I took the Light Rail to the Metrodome with my fingers crossed but when I got there I had missed the last bus out by about 10 minutes. Faced with no other option, I walked home.

Also, being me, and blessed with an abundance of grit and determination but not so much the common sense, I walked several blocks out of my way accidentally.

Then I had to come to work today. Keli needs sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home