Tuesday, May 29, 2007

But Even Then It Sounds So Soothing

Current Song: "Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)" -- The Decemberists

Our next door neighbors are drilling or something right into the wall that connects my bedroom to their apartment, and I want to explode.

I did nothing but eat all day. Ostensibly I was working but mostly I was stuffing my face with Fruit Roll-Ups and/or Chipotle, and don't think it ended when I got home. Between the binge eating and the nightmares I think I could use some therapy. Or maybe some liquor and a hug.

I found this for you:



I laughed about the Belzer puppet until I cried.

Most Interesting Thing That Happened Today:

This girl came into my office, introduced herself, blah-blah-blah-I'm-someone's-assistant-I-need-something-from-the-doctor-you-work-for, etc. So I said, "The doctor is in her other office today" because she has an office in a different building, obviously. And the girl said, "What's the best way to contact her?" And I said, "Well, we can call her." And she starts in:

"Oh, can we? We can call her? Oh, why didn't I think of that? Calling her, what a novel ideeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa."

I was like, "What?... Seriously, what?" I've never seen that girl before in my life, it was the rudest thing I've ever experienced. I have absolutely no idea why she thought it was appropriate to respond with absolutely dripping sarcasm to a complete stranger in a professional situation. The thing is, I was so floored by it I was just like, "Huh, yeah," and then I picked up the phone to call the doctor and I choked and had to redial the phone five times. Because making things worse is what I do. Anyway, I don't know her name or who she works for but I'm going to complain to the doctor I work for anyway because seriously, what a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home